5 Ways to a Better Day


How is it that some days you wake up and you just know it's going to be one of those days? Well last Monday was one of those days. I knew that the Monday Morning Blues would hit me hard again but I also knew that before I even opened my office door I'd be able to hear my desk groaning under the weight of all the work that was waiting to greet me.

So I already wasn't looking forward to the day ahead.

Then I got to work and things got a tad worse. There was no milk in the fridge for my morning cup of tea! Oh dear. This really is a bad day...

Then to make matters even worse I'd completely forgotten I had to have a head shot done for our internal intranet. Do you think I'd made any extra effort with my outfit, hair or make up? Like hell I had! Great. Just great.

Anyways, I'm here today to impart some of the secrets that can turn a sh*tty day into a bit less of a sh*tty day.

So here are a few things that are (almost) guaranteed to make that happen:
(Warning: to be read totally tongue-in-cheek but with some serious undertones and connotations)

1. Wear high heels

No matter how much you may want to slump and slouch around the office in a mood, your high heels simply won't let you. Those bad boys aren't made for slumping or slouching. They'll make you stand up straight. They'll make you hold your head high. They'll make you clench you're butt cheeks when you walk. They'll make you feel like you own the place and with any luck you'll be concentrating so much on not falling off your heels that you'll forget all about the crap day you were having!

But seriously, high heels can completely alter my mood. With the change in posture that wearing heels requires comes a can-do attitude. Maybe that's just me though. #dontthinkimweird!

2. Lingerie

Wear some "special" underwear, not just your usual run-of-the-mill, comfy Bridget Jones's.

No one apart from you will know what's going on underneath your clothes but knowing you're wearing a flattering (and matching!) lingerie set will give you reason to smile every now and then. And smiling is much better than scowling or frowning, right?

3. Clothes

Put on a nice dress or outfit that accentuates your most flattering feature/s. Coupled with the high heels and underwear you'll soon forget all about how terrible day the day started out!

4. Make up

Come on girls, just because you're in a sh*tty mood it doesn't mean you have to look it as well :-)

Make an extra effort and you'll be rewarded every time you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror :-) If you look good, you feel good right?

5. Accessories

To really put the icing on the cake bust out some jewellery you usually save for a "special occasion" or a handbag that you only use for "best".

Every day should be a special occasion. After all, who said tomorrow is guaranteed?

Employing any one of these five things, or a combination of a few, usually makes me feel better and tons more confident but if I do them all then I feel like a million dollars. And isn't that what is important at the end of the day; how we feel?

Whilst there are many more (arguably more satisfying) things in life that can cheer me up way more than these things can - a cuddle, or a conversation with someone I know will make me laugh and pull me out of my slump - realistically I can't have either of those things when I'm sitting at my desk. At least these things, as material and shallow as they may seem, will see me through the whole day until I get home and can fall into the arms of someone I love or pick up the phone to someone I know will make me laugh.

Have you got any easy-to-employ tips for making a bad day a bit more bearable?

xx

Comments

Popular Posts